Arabian Horse Association San Fernando Valley
AUGUST / SEPTEMBER 2016
Welcome to our Equine Community!!!
Dear AHASFV Members, Social Members and Friends,
It has been quite a while since I’ve touched base but our club has been busy. First, a little catch up news: At the Region 2 May show our youth had a Hippology contest to prepare for the June 25th final test. They also participated in in a Judging contest in May in Santa Ynez. Taking the Reins hosted “Hippology Hunger Games” on June 5th which was an extremely fun way to prepare the youth for the Final test. Additionally, the kids attended Cal Poly for a judging competition which was the final qualifier for the US Nationals Judging Competition and a visit and tour Humphrey Giacopuzzi & Associates Equine Hospital to add to their horse knowledge.
Now, I’m proud to announce that Danielle Garcia, Natalie Zavala, Sophia Hoxworth, and Kate Day are the 4 final youth, all AHASFV club members, who will represent Region 2 at the US Nationals in Tulsa Oct 27th-30th.
Our next board meeting will be November 8th. Click for more info.
For the rest of us, we will have a “fun” show for all breeds in Simi Valley on October 9th, so please mark your calendars. More info on the show to follow soon!!! Our annual Christmas party is tentatively scheduled for December 13th.
Hope to see you soon!!!
Teri Gonzalez Reichman
AHASFV President 2016
• Please find within our site many of the activities we hold dear and links to many others: ahasfv.org & Event Page info
• Membership: Members of AHASFV join for free, whether you are a social member or competing member. The fees you pay give you voting and AHA competition status. If you need to update your info or renew on the AHA ArabianHorses.org website, visit the AHA membership page…
• For an overview of our club, please see the wonderful article by Past President Meaghan Shaffer:
• Our youth are very successful! Visit our Youth News Section.
• Come to the Burkman Clinic on November 13th.
AHASFV Mission Statement
The Arabian Horse Association of the San Fernando Valley is committed to bringing together people interested in advancing and promoting the Arabian and Half-Arabian horse by conducting, encouraging, and aiding exhibits or shows, clinics, and trail rides, and to cooperate with other organizations to improve general equestrian activities.